Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this position is responsible for developing and identifying preventative and predictive maintenance tasks along with the performance of electromechanical maintenance on automated material handling equipment.
- Industrial Millwright with extensive mechanical experience in a high speed automated environment.
- 1-3 years of automated material handling system maintenance experience.
- 3-5 years of mechanical training and experience with exposure to Programmable Logic Controllers and Variable Frequency Drives.
- Electromechanical repair skills.
- An excellent understanding of Electrical and Mechanical Safety in an industrial environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions in a timely manner
- Ability to understand and explain the function of a wide range equipment and processes
- Demonstrated ability to use hand tools safely and effectively
- High degree of math skill
- High level of Physical dexterity
- Quick learner
- Certificate of Qualifications (Ontario) 433A (Industrial Mechanic Millwright)
- Demonstrated diagnostic skills in process instrumentation and mechanical maintenance
- Stainless steel process welding
- PLC programming would be an asset
- Ability to lift up to 36.2 kg (80 lbs.)
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights safely
- Correctable vision
- Perform general maintenance duties to avoid possible failures and malfunctions of all equipment in the plant
- Assist with preventive and corrective maintenance duties as assigned by the maintenance manager
- Complete daily work assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyze repairs requests and troubleshoot them with the assistance of other maintenance team members
- Perform installations, assembling, fittings, repairs, and replacements as needed
- Assist with emergency maintenance and repair
- Maintain complete records of daily maintenance activities
- Maintain work area cleanliness
- Operate maintenance equipment safely
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in safe, clean and good working conditions.
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed
- Attend job training and safety programs organized by maintenance department
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations and TSSA/ ESA requirements
- Perform maintenance tasks based on pictures, blueprints, written descriptions and oral instructions from Maintenance Manager
- Ensure food safety and food defense standards are followed
- Other duties as assigned
*Please note, this role is Monday-Friday and there will be opportunities for overtime
TDL Group Corp. is an equal opportunity employer