At Tim Horton's, we don't just serve a great cup of coffee. We serve a nation. Be a part of a team that truly helps to make this happen.
Reporting to Sr Manager, Distribution, Calgary DC, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to oversee all aspects of maintenance and facilities operation of the Distribution Centre ensuring safe, optimal and compliant operation of the facility. This includes compliance with municipal and provincial/state legislation, governing bodies and health and safety standards. The supervisor is responsible to provide and implement solutions for full building maintenance, repairs and maintenance of equipment and machinery, manage day to day operating cost of the facility, procure new equipment through established corporate processes, procure spare parts and consumables as needed, conduct installations and building repairs, and coordinate 3rd party service providers as applicable. The Maintenance Supervisor will assist in overseeing the construction and startup of new Tim Hortons Calgary DC before assuming the oversight of its facility operation.
The most competitive candidate will have experience working in a temperature controlled facility as an electrician, or refrigeration mechanic, or industrial maintenance mechanic, or building automation and controls technician, proven track record of managing maintenance area of a facility, sound problem-solving skills, teamwork orientation and strong communication skills
- Responsible for Regulatory Compliance of the facility, including: Ministry of Environment, ground water testing, city regulations, backflow prevention, corporate insurance audits, fire sprinkler/hydrant inspections, etc.
- Source, research, implement contractor service agreements for equipment, track and monitor contractor safety agreements
- Involved in any physical changes to the building (interior and exterior); ensuring all compliance factors are considered and met (fire codes, structural integrity) - Source/Research/Implement
- Design, implement, modify all equipment preventative maintenance program
- Hands on support with maintenance technicians as required
- Ensures preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment/machinery is adhered to. (prevent any downtime to production and ensure the warehouse can perform at optimal efficiency)
- Manage performance, coach and develop the maintenance team
- Work closely with other departments and committees to support and execute requests
- Fully accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the Freon refrigeration system, monitor system performance to adhere within required food safety guidelines for temperature-controlled product
- Ensure safe working environment and drive safety culture including food safety. Develop and implement safety improvements for the facility.
- Maintain Master cleaning schedule, plan the cleaning processes to adhere to established protocols
- Responsible for developing, implementing and training all Maintenance and Facilities employees on safety procedures (including training such as Fall Arrest/Arial Platform, Confined spaces, forklift and Evacuation Procedures)
- Prepare Maintenance and Facilities department budget requests, manage costs effectively to stay within allotted budget. Request quotations from vendors for capital investments and execute according to established corporate processes.
- Source, research, and implement new technologies to support our commitment to corporate suitability
- Works directly with and manages the working relationship with outside contractors that perform work to the building (including grounds)
Technical knowledge and qualifications
- Certified electrician, or refrigeration mechanic, or industrial maintenance mechanic, or building automation and controls technician is preferred
- Experience with maintenance of Material Handling Equipment and Racking is an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge on equipment standards and laws
You’ll help bring the coffee we love to the people who love it. Be part of a team that works with pride to serve the neighborhoods where we work, play and live.
TDL Group Corp is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.