Quality Assurance Technician
*Please note, this role is afternoon shift starting at 2pm
Reporting to the Plant’s Quality Assurance Manager, the incumbent will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the plant’s quality systems and programs. The QA Technician also acts as a technical resource and audits operators who conduct quality checks.
- Sets up and participates in daily organoleptic evaluation of raw materials, semi-finished goods and finished products.
- Supports the maintenance and execution of the plant’s food safety and quality management systems, ensuring consistently high standards of product quality and plant compliance to all applicable food safety and regulatory standards for food manufacturing.
- Performs routine inspections on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), compliance to product specifications, non-conforming material and standard work. Tracks and supports resulting corrective actions.
- Initiates and communicates preparation of Notice of Quality Deviations for all packaging materials, raw materials, semi-finished good and finished goods placed on hold due to deviation. Tracks and supports resulting corrective actions.
- Supports plant trials and research and development through sample collection, testing monitoring and documenting results.
- Support a positive health and safety culture and the adherence to all applicable safety legislation and policies.
- Proficient in Windows/MS Office
- Good written and oral communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to research and effectively obtain pertinent information from the Internet
- Collect, organize and interpret large volumes of data.
- Strong attention to detail, thorough in creating and reviewing documentation
- Ability to build rapport with others and be assertive when required.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment in assessing risks and taking action
- Demonstrated knowledge of Food Safety, HACCP, GMP’s, Regulatory Compliance and internal and external audit processes
- Basic knowledge of statistical process control
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate from a program related to Quality Assurance such as Food Science/Technology, Microbiology, or Chemistry or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available upon request.