Reporting to Manager, Health & Safety, this position coordinates and executes the disability management program Nationally(STD,LTD,WSIB) and provides support to internal and external business partners.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety, Ministry of Labour & Worker’s Compensation legislation and best practices within Canada
- Strong knowledge of hazard recognition, assessment and control
- Knowledge of AODA
- 3 – 5 years Disability Management, Health & Safety and/or HR experience, preferably in a multi-unit, restaurant/retail environment
- University degree and/or college diploma in H&S/Human Resources or equivalent experience
- First Aid Certification
- Knowledge and practical experience in Ergonomics / MSD
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proactively manages and administers Distribution and Transportation Short Term Disability/Long Term
- Disability/Worker’s Compensation claims.
- Actively facilitates return to work meetings with employees, managers, HR and disability providers in person or via phone to ensure all parties are in agreement with job modifications, graduated RTW schedule, etc.
- Works with third parties including disability management consultants, insurance providers, doctors, rehabilitation specialists and other health care professionals
- Monitors return to work plans and provides regular updates to all stakeholders
- Tracks disability and injury related information, prepares and distributes reports
Tim Hortons is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by Tim Hortons, please advise if you require accommodation.