Maintenance Technician - Electrician
Continental Day/Night Shift, Pay is based on 84 hours biweekly
Must be available to work both Day Shifts and Night Shifts; hours of work 6:30 to 6:30
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, this position is responsible for electromechanical maintenance throughout the entire facility, the ammonia refrigeration system, the MHE and the ASRS equipment. Performing general maintenance tasks throughout the facility. This position will require flexibility to assist in scheduled shift coverage as well as off shift breakdowns as needed. The successful candidate is required to have strong troubleshooting abilities, self-starting technician who has the ability to make decisions with the information at hand.
- Certificate of Qualification as an Electrician (309A or 442A) or Millwright (433A or 426A), other trade certifications will be taken into consideration if they are relative to the position.
- Certificate of Qualification (Ontario) as 3rd Class Operating Engineer or Refrigeration Operator B Class with ammonia refrigeration experience.
- 3rd or 4th year apprentice in either of the mandatory trade qualifications listed.
- Repair and maintain warehouse/facility issues
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical equipment
- Perform PM work order duties as assigned through the CMMS
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment and repair as needed
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Maintain ammonia refrigeration equipment including compressors, evaporators, condensers and pumps
- Maintain Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) equipment including pallet conveyors and pallet lift conveyors
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic equipment including drives, PLC’s would be an asset
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Working with the operational (floor) supervisors to ensure breakdowns effecting production are remedied ASAP.
- Execute planned projects, equipment installations and other duties assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Flexibility to work all shifts when scheduled for vacation coverage or as required
- Closely reports all maintenance and parts usage, develops appropriate documentation.
- Diagnoses problems for resolution.
The TDL Group is an equal opportunity employer. In the event a candidate is afforded an interview, accommodation is available upon request.