JOB POSTING # 692471 * If you have already applied to this job, please do not re-apply *
Position: Clinical Research Coordinator III (3 positions)
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: Medical Oncology
Reports to: Nurse Manager, Clinical Trials DMOH/Principal Investigator
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME; variable shifts
The Clinical Research Coordinator III collaborates with Investigators and health care team to assume responsibility for the overall patient management and coordination of several clinical studies for the Department of Medical Oncology at Princess Margaret Hospital. The research nurse will be focused in 1 or 2 disease site groups. Studies include pharma-sponsored, cooperative group sponsored (such as NCIC) as well as Investigator initiated trials.
Responsibilities include recruitment of study participants (e.g. identify and screen potential subjects, obtain informed consent); coordination of patient visits schedules as per study protocol; execution of all aspects of study visit (e.g. assessment adverse events, monitoring safety, medication, questionnaires, sample collection, including processing and shipment of samples according to clinical protocol),provides clinical care for patients participating in clinical trials and the implementation and coordination of all aspects of data collection and source documentation, as per UHN policy and ICH/GCP guidelines.
• Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 (two) years experience.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BScN preferred
• Recognized certification in clinical research (ACRP, CCRP or SOCRA) obtained or plans to work towards
• Canadian Nurses Association Certification in Oncology (CON(c)) or equivalent obtained or plans to work towards
• Minimum one (1) year clinical experience in oncology
• Previous clinical research experience preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating patient care
• Evidence of good physical assessment, psychosocial assessment and patient/family teaching skill
• Autonomous clinical critical thinking ability
• Training in ICH/GCP guidelines an asset.
• Knowledge of IATA shipping regulations and basic laboratory procedures an asset
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
• Ability to set priorities and work independently with accuracy in a dynamic environment
• Proficiency with MS Office software - Word and Excel desired
RE-POSTED DATE: May 2, 2013 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Improving the patient's experience through patient centered care! For additional information on patient centered care please go to: www.nrcpicker.com