JOB POSTING # 692795 * If you have already applied to this job, please do not re-apply *
Position: Technical Analyst I – Software Developer
Site: Princess Margaret Hospital
Department: Health Informatics Research (HIR)
Status: Temporary Full-Time, 12-month contract
ABOUT THE HEALTH INFORMATICS RESEARCH GROUP
Health Informatics Research group (HIR) is part of Ontario Cancer Institute (OCI) at Princess Margaret Hospital. The group specializes in research and the development of visually intuitive database applications which collect health information for research, patient management and clinical decision-making. Our mission is to improve the delivery of health information that is usable by patients, practitioners, researchers, and institutions. Currently, HIR has a number of resesarch applications being used at the point of care to collect health information for research and quality of care analysis. HIR group works closely with Clinicians and Researchers at UHN to develop comprehensive disease-specific database applications. The Technical Analyst will work in a dynamic and highly movtivated environmnet and will gain exposure to a wide range of current technologies and issues regarding electronic systems for health care.
The Technical Analyst I will be involved in the development and maintenance of databases: coding, testing, debugging and documenting programs; providing and maintaining a various security and access controls; coordinating with users to determine requirements/specifications; providing support and training to users as required. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of current technologies and issues regarding electronic systems for health care.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Two (2) years related experience
• Experience with relational databases, including design, implementation and SQL
• Experience developing and implementing web applications using PHP/JSP, Java Script, CSS/DHTML, XML and XSL
• Good understanding of object oriented design principles, and server side development issues on reliability, security, availability and scalability
• Excellent customer relations and support service
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving abilities
• Excellent analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Excellent presentation, technical writing and training skills
• Experience with creating testing strategies and executing test plans
• Experience developing mobile applications an asset
RE-POSTED DATE: May 29, 2013 CLOSING DATE: June 28, 2013
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Improving the patient's experience through patient centered care! For additional information on patient centered care please go to: www.nrcpicker.com