OPSEU JOB POSTING # 693129 - REPOST
Position: CHARGE TECHNOLOGIST
Site: LABORATORY MEDICINE PROGRAM - ALL SITES
Department: PATHOLOGY, Immunopathology
Reports to: MANAGER
Hours: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK; ALL SHIFTS 24/7
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
As an integral member of the Laboratory team the CHARGE TECHNOLOGIST responsibilities include: supervising, organizing, assigning and distributing workload among technical staff to ensure the efficient operation of the laboratory; performing laboratory procedures as outlined in the procedure manuals for all laboratory disciplines and functions; ensuring the maintenance of quality control and equipment within assigned area the laboratory; maintaining an inventory management system for the efficient utilization and distribution of laboratory equipment and supplies; maintaining a system for detecting, documenting and reporting discrepancies/errors and taking appropriate action(s) as required; assisting direct supervisor in the development, implementation and maintenance of new and/or revised procedures, protocols and performance standards; assessing technical staff regarding performance; participating in professional development, teaching/educational activities, safety and quality improvement programs to ensure excellence in the provision of services; observing and understanding Hospital and departmental policies and procedures; adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient confidentiality; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other related duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
• Completion of a recognized Medical Laboratory Technologist - General
• Current registration with the College of Medical laboratory Technologist (CMLTO) in areas of responsibility
• Advanced Registered Technologist (ART) designation in area of responsibility or BSc with relevant experience preferred.
• Five (5) years recent laboratory experience in Immunopathology required
• Three (3) years recent supervisory experience in Immunopathology preferred
• Two (2) years experience in Histology required
• Demonstrated ability to develop skill and knowledge in self, and others, for all areas of the laboratory
• Thorough knowledge of the theory and practices of all laboratory procedures, instruments/equipment and special techniques (on-the-job experience)
• Advanced knowledge and demonstrated application of QMS skills for Immunopathology
• Demonstrated leadership skills for supervision and operational change management preferred
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving-skills
• Effective time management skills; ability to organize work and set priorities for self and others
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work effectively as a team leader/team member
• Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions
• Ability to work independently
• Sound judgment
• Demonstrate interest in continuing education
RE-POSTED DATE: DECEMBER 5, 2013
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Improving the patient's experience through patient centred care! For additional information on patient centred care please go to: www.nrcpicker.com