JOB POSTING # 711416
Position: Patient Care Coordinator
Site: Toronto Western Hospital
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Days, Monday to Friday
Status: Permanent Full-Time
The University Health Network (UHN), consisting of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, is a recognized leader in patient care, research and education.
Toronto Western Hospital is located in the vibrant heart of the downtown communities of South Annex, College, Queen and King Street West. It is a 239-bed academic health science centre dedicated to delivering exceptional patient care, providing a breadth of services from emergency care to sophisticated brain surgery.
As a world leader in neuroscience, TWH is constantly pushing the boundaries of research, offering pioneering treatments and using state-of-the-art technology. The hospital also has a strong community focus, providing innovative programs for and information to children, seniors, diabetes patients and many multicultural groups. With expertise in musculoskeletal health and arthritis, the hospital's programs also include orthopaedics, rheumatology and the hand program as well as a busy Emergency Department that sees more than 50,000 patients yearly.
As a member of the nursing and multi-disciplinary team for PACU/POCU, the PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR acts as a resource for the team. This position will play a leadership role by providing direction and supervision, mentorship and ongoing development of team members. The principal responsibilities include: financial/administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective unit operation, contributing to staff development by promoting and ensuring a supportive learning environment, performing human resources responsibilities, liaising with members of the team to ensure high standards of quality and optimal management of patient care outcomes, performing cross-functional and/or other duties consistent with the job classification as assigned or requested.
- Completion of B.Sc.N Baccalaureate in Nursing required
- Current certificate of competency (licensure) from CNO
- Three years Critical Care Nursing experience required
- Perioperative Nursing experience strongly preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Supervisory experience managing direct reports required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities – operations, HR management and financial management
- Demonstrated ability towards team building and collaboration
- Enthusiastic and adaptable work ethic that is client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment
- Change management experience and skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislative, UHN and/or departmental policies
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 31, 2013 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Linda Kaukula, Staffing Advisor, Human Resources RFE 2nd Floor – Posting # 711416
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications will be given first consideration.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Improving the patient's experience through patient centered care!