JOB POSTING # 715208 * IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TO THIS JOB, PLEASE DO NOT RE-APPLY *
Position: Team Specialist, Strategic Initiatives
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Department: The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation
Reports to: Director
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-time; 12-month contract
The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation is one of the most dynamic, innovative and successful foundations in Canada and raises over $80 million annually to support breakthrough research, patient care and education programs of Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, a recognized international leader in the fight against cancer and one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world. The Team Specialist, Strategic Initiatives, supports the team building efforts of The Shoppers Drug Mart Weekend to End Women’s Cancers (“The Weekend”).
The position will require researching, drafting and contacting (via letters, emails or phone) prospective new teams for The Weekend. The successful candidate must also present the cause, the event and the opportunity to form a team for The Weekend; overcoming objections and gaining commitment to form a team. In addition, he/she will also be responsible for supporting the team champion and/or captain in registering for The Weekend and recruiting team members through orientation sessions and other recruitment opportunities.
- 3-5 years’ work experience within a corporate environment, ideally in a B2B role
- Excellent relationship building and fundraising or sales/business development skills with ability to prospect, ask and close.
- Targeted, persuasive communication skills with excellent verbal, public speaking and written abilities, including the ability to present a compelling case for support and overcome objections.
- Creative thinker
- Experience as a Weekend participant is preferred
- Detail and accuracy oriented with strong organization, planning and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and donor/account management skills
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously unsupervised
- Ability to work as a team member
- Assertive self-starter and entrepreneurial, resourceful and independent
- Professional and tactful manner required
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including some early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Must possess valid driver’s license
If you are interested in making your contribution at The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation and at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
RE-POSTED DATE: November 15, 2013 CLOSING DATE: December 15, 2013
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
University Health Network has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.