Job Posting #718460
Position: MANAGER, LABORATORY MEDICINE PROGRAM
Site: TORONTO GENERAL HOSPITAL
Department: HISTOCOMPATIBILITY, CLINICAL RESEARCH AND WOMEN’S COLLEGE LABORATORY SITE MANAGER
Reports to: DIRECTOR
Status: PERMANENT FULL-TIME
As an integral member of the Laboratory Medicine Program, the responsibilities of the Laboratory Medicine Program Manager include: collaborating as a member of the management team in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the Laboratory Medicine Program long range and short term business at UHN as well as providing direction and guidance as a liaison for the Women’s College Hospital lab program. This role would provide guidance as it relates to the lab strategies in meeting the on-going changes and challenges of laboratory services in the current health care sector environment; performing financial management responsibilities; directing the development and implementation of communication, marketing, advertising and public relations strategies; managing human resources; performing quality management responsibilities; management of the Laboratory Medicine clinical research services; liaison between Women’s College Hospital clinical programs and on-site laboratory services; performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Graduate of a Medical laboratory Technologist (MLT) program
- Advanced Registered Technologist (ART) designation in area of responsibility if applicable
- Completion of a recognized business Administration degree, preferred
- Ten (10) years technical laboratory experience
- Five (5) years managerial experience
- Experience working with personnel at senior levels
- Registration with the college of Medical Laboratory Technologist of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Excellent management and strategic planning skills
- Excellent human resources management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Laboratory industry
- Experience with delivery of laboratory services across a multi-site organization
- Ability to take a creative and proactive approach to problem recognition, solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to be innovative, insightful and use sound judgment
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing education
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: September 29, 2014 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.