JOB POSTING # 722981
Position: Technical Specialist - Developer
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Reports to: Manager, Web and Digital Innovation
Hours: 35 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time
The Web and Digital Innovation portfolio at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (University Health Network) is seeking an experienced SharePoint developer that is able to provision, design, and build SharePoint-based solutions that directly address business requirements using .NET code. The SharePoint developer works on building and maintaining SharePoint applications and seamless interfacing between different applications where applicable. The SharePoint developer provides development support where needed and assists in the integration of new IT solutions with partners across UHN.
• At minimum, completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or recognized equivalent required
• At minimum, 4 – 6 years years of practical and related experience
• 1 year of experience in delivering SharePoint 2013 and 3 years of experience in delivering SharePoint 2010 solutions for the business using SharePoint standard functionalities and customization with both SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio.
• Expert skills and knowledge of the Microsoft SharePoint platform (2010 and 2013)
• 5+ years’ ASP.NET web application development
• Extensive .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#)
• Knowledge of software development practices.
• Knowledge of XML, SOAP, .NET, WebParts, SPServices, SharePoint Object Model
Experience in any of the following preferred:
• Experience with Visual Studio or similar IDE, Subversion
• Experience debugging and enhancing .NET code written by others
• Provide expert programming support using Microsoft .NET to support a SharePoint enterprise environment
• Experience building and managing custom workflows and connecting to external sources of data using Business Connectivity Services
• Experience working with one or more of the following relational databases using SQL: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL
• Experience with agile, scrum and test automation
• Experience deploying and supporting production applications
• Experience creating system requirements and working with solution vendors.
• Experience with IIS server
• Identity management, access control, federation protocols
POSTED DATE: October 9, 2014 CLOSING DATE: October 23, 2014
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants