REPOST - JOB POSTING # 730484
Position: Administrative Assistant - Research
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre - Research
Reports to: Business Officer
Status: Permanent Full Time
The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre is home to 60+ research labs, with more joining soon, working to better understand cancer. The Administrative Assistant will assist with the operations and administration of three to four of these labs, including, but not limited to, coordination in the areas of finance, human resources, grant coordination, meeting planning, and travel/calendar coordination.
The incumbent must be able to anticipate the needs of the scientists and resolve issues before they ever become a problem. While this person must be able to work as a part of team, they will be expected to manager their own work flow and adapt to constantly changing demands.
To be successful in this role, the person should be a creative thinker; able to identify gaps in the administrative processes of the lab and formulate potential solutions, as well as provide strategic support in the resolution of operational issues and communicate (and sometime advise) the lab about policies and procedures to ensure compliance with UHN.
It would be preferable if the incumbent is already familiar with TCS/payroll, RFS processes, research at UHN, Canadian granting agencies, and UHN onboarding procedures.
This role will also involve general clerical duties as assigned by the PI and the directorate office.
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary program at a diploma level or higher, and a minimum five (5) years related administrative experience
- Previous experience in working in research hospital or academic environment
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Word, Excel (includes knowing how to use formulas), and PowerPoint (experience creating visually appealing and accurate presentations)
- Proven organizing and coordination skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills developed through years of working with the public in a service role
- Consistently able to produce high quality work in accordance with Hospital standards
- Ability to work well under pressure and use good judgment in assessing difficult situations; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professional etiquette are imperative.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
POSTED DATE: October 6, 2014
CLOSING DATE: October 24, 2014
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.