Job Posting # 731813
Position Title: Applications Analyst – RM&R Operations
Department: SIMS (Shared Information Management Services)
Site: Downtown Toronto location & Other sites throughout the GTA
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Transforming Healthcare Delivery!
Shared Information Management Services (SIMS) is the information management and technology partnership between multiple health care organizations in the Greater Toronto Area. The group spans the acute, rehabilitation, complex continuing, long-term and community care sectors. With similar values, these organizations identify, plan and implement joint Information Management/Information Technology, patient safety and process improvement initiatives that will contribute to a coordinated and integrated health care delivery system.
For more information on SIMS, visit www.simspartners.ca
About the RM&R Program
The Resource Matching and Referral (RM&R) application is a shared electronic tool that enables matching of patients to appropriate clinical programs/services, and the transmission of electronic referrals between Acute, Rehab/Complex Continuing Care (Rehab/CCC), Long-Term Care (LTC), and Community support health service providers. For more information about the RM&R Program, please visit our website at www.resourcematchingandreferral.com.
The RM&R Operations team is responsible for delivering high quality operational services to multiple internal groups and external stakeholders. This role, Applications Analyst – RM&R Operations, is accountable for ensuring successful release and configuration management through effective planning, deployment scheduling, execution, and communication in an environment that has frequent changes. Focus will be emphasized on overseeing the software quality assurance program, as well as, developing and executing software test plans to identify software problems and their causes. This position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related, preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Previous business analysis experience desired
- Previous quality assurance analysis or computer programming experience (C# or VB.NET) desired
- Ability to design, write, test, and document efficient testing solutions to meet customer needs
- Ranorex (Automated Testing Software) experience preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals
- Balance the dual roles of an applicationsanalyst, focusing on application configuration and release management, as well as, a software quality assurance analyst.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all application change requests, liaising between stakeholders, vendors, and internal teams.
- Lead all aspects of the day-to-day quality assurance program, including developing test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as application performance, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug fix validation, or usability.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers and project managers.
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.