Job Posting # 731813
Position Title: Release and Deployment Analyst - RM&R Operations
Department: SIMS (Shared Information Management Services)
Site: Downtown Toronto location & Other sites throughout the GTA
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Transforming Healthcare Delivery!
Shared Information Management Services (SIMS) is the information management and technology partnership between multiple health care organizations in the Greater Toronto Area. The group spans the acute, rehabilitation, complex continuing, long-term and community care sectors. With similar values, these organizations identify, plan and implement joint Information Management/Information Technology, patient safety and process improvement initiatives that will contribute to a coordinated and integrated health care delivery system.
For more information on SIMS, visit www.simspartners.ca
About the RM&R Program
The Resource Matching and Referral (RM&R) application is a shared electronic tool that enables matching of patients to appropriate clinical programs/services, and the transmission of electronic referrals between Acute, Rehab/Complex Continuing Care (Rehab/CCC), Long-Term Care (LTC), and Community support health service providers. For more information about the RM&R Program, please visit our website at www.resourcematchingandreferral.com.
The RM&R Operations team is responsible for delivering high quality operational services to multiple internal groups and external stakeholders. This role, Release and Deployment Analyst – RM&R Operations, is accountable for ensuring successful release and configuration management through effective planning, deployment scheduling, execution, and communication in an environment that has frequent changes. Focus will be emphasized on overseeing the software quality assurance program, as well as, developing and executing software test plans to identify software problems and their causes. This position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
The Release and Deployment Analyst is responsible for the planning, design, configuration and testing to support the delivery of, or changes to, the Resource Matching and Referral (RM&R) application.
The Release and Deployment Analyst has the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the end to end release process
- Perform quality assurance, including defining the test approach, developing test cases, and executing testing
- Manage release testing to predefined acceptance criteria
- Ensure release acceptance is obtained, inclusive of business sign off
- Develop and maintain a database of known defects
- Investigate and report known errors and workarounds
- Responsible for overseeing incident, problem, and change management for release and deployment activities
- Ensure adherence to established policies and procedures
- Ensure coordination of activities in testing and training environments
- Coordinate release documentation and communications, including end user training and release notes
- Provide management reports on release progress
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred
- Quality Assurance (QA) experience preferred, inclusive of experience with automated testing (e.g., Ranorex)
- Business Analysis (BA) experience preferred
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.