Who We Are
Vale is the one of the world’s largest mining companies, present in more than 30 countries across five continents. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world’s second largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to be profitable, but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is “life matters most.”
Vale’s operations in Sudbury are home to one of the largest integrated mining complexes in the world, including six mines, a mill, a smelter and a refinery. It is also one of the safest, with the mines being awarded the national John T. Ryan award in several recent consecutive years. Sudbury is also home to some of Vale’s leading environmental initiatives. In partnership with the community, Sudbury has made great strides in their environmental recovery program through improved mining practices and has supported the re-greening of the region. For these and other efforts globally, in 2013 Vale was named one of the 50 most sustainable corporations in the world, according to the 9th edition of the Global 100 list of the world's most sustainable corporations (Source: The Global 100 is an annual project initiated by Corporate Knights Inc http://www.global100.org/annual-lists/2013-global-100-list.html). .
With truly breathtaking scenery and a vibrant urban community, Sudbury is a unique and diverse regional capital. Affordable and accessible, Sudbury is a great place to raise a family, participate in countless recreational activities (like hiking, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, boating, golfing and camping, to name a few) and develop a rewarding work-life balance.
Our Sudbury Operation is currently seeking a:
The ideal candidate will be working with all electrical aspects of the operation in one of Vale’s mines or surface plants. You will have the capability to work shift work with minimal supervision, outdoors and at elevations. You will be required to install, test, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain all types of mining and processing equipment. You must be able to read electrical prints and safely troubleshoot electrical circuits. Experience with troubleshooting PLC’s, high voltage cable splicing and the set-up of various electrical devices is a definite asset.
- Operate and maintain plant facilities and equipment, safely and efficiently.
- Follow established Company Health, Safety, and Environment policies and procedures
- Respond to emergency situations as required
- Report deviations to established procedures
- Document work performed
- The ideal candidate will have an Inter-Provincial Red Seal (Certificate of Qualification) as an Industrial Electrician 442A or Construction and Maintenance Electrician 309A.
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 4 years of trade experience (apprenticeship included).
- Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, the successful candidate must be experienced in all aspects of the electrical trade.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and all other applicable legislation required.
- A valid Class G drivers License required.
- Strong mechanical background would be an asset.
For more information please visit our website at Valejobs.ca.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer.