Who We Are
Vale is the one of the world’s largest mining companies, present in more than 30 countries across five continents. Our mission is to transform natural resources into prosperity and sustainable development.
Vale is also the world’s second largest producer of nickel, with its Base Metals business headquartered in Toronto. Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, our Canadian operations also produce copper, cobalt, platinum group metals, gold and silver. We aim to be profitable, but only as a safe, high-quality and sustainable mining company where our most important value is “life matters most.”
At Vale, we believe in innovation as a foundation for our development, to create the mining of the future and achieve our vision of being the biggest and best mining company in the world.
The Manitoba Operations, located in Thompson Manitoba was the world’s first fully-integrated nickel mine where ore is mined, concentrated, refined and shipped to market all from one location. With three operating mines – Thompson Mine, T-3 Mine and Birchtree Mine - Manitoba Operations has a strong future in mining and milling, with a goal to grow as a safe, high quality, sustainable and long-term nickel producer. Manitoba Operations also has a strong commitment to Zero Harm to its employees, the community and the environment and their mines were awarded the national John T. Ryan trophy for 2011.
Our Manitoba Operation is searching for an:
The ideal candidate will be working with all electrical aspects of the operation in one of Vale’s mines or surface plants. You will have the capability to work shift work with minimal supervision, outdoors and at elevations. You will be required to install, test, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain all types of mining and processing equipment. You must be able to read electrical prints and safely troubleshoot electrical circuits. Experience with troubleshooting PLC’s, high voltage cable splicing and the set-up of various electrical devices is a definite asset.
- Operate and maintain plant facilities and equipment, safely and efficiently.
- Follow established Company Health, Safety, and Environment policies and procedures
- Respond to emergency situations as required
- Report deviations to established procedure
- Document work performed
- An Inter-Provincial Red Seal Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Electrician.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Reading electrical prints and schematics
- Knowledge of power distribution systems
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code
- Experience working on voltages up to 13.8 K.V.
- Experience with maintenance of motor control circuits
- Experience with cable splicing techniques
- Working knowledge of PLC's
- Instrumentation experience
For more information please visit our website at Valejobs.ca
Vale is an equal opportunity employer.