Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning or working with hands). Frequently stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Strips patient trays, properly disposing of all paper products and food.
- With the use of the dishwasher, sanitizes patient and cafeteria dishware, silverware, trays, pots and pans for next use.
- Empties wastebaskets and breaks down boxes to be brought to dumpster.
- With the use of the disposal, eliminates all garbage after each meal period.
- Maintains the proper amounts of detergents and sanitizes and thoroughly cleans dishwasher after use.
- Performs general cleaning of kitchen areas when time available.
- Delivers patient food carts to designated area.
- Cleans conference room after meetings or functions when directed.
- Covers the Sanitor position when required.
- Takes daily temperatures of the wash and final rinse cycle of dishwasher.
- Puts away stock, rotating all items, putting older stock in front with label visible.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment for patients and staff.
Statement of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.