Exerts 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning or working with hands). Frequently stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist). Tastes/smells (distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, recognizing particular flavors and/or odors, using tongue and/or nose).
The following behavioral attributes are required: achievement motivation, concern for order, flexibility, initiative, self-confidence, customer service oriented, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork, analytical thinking and information seeking.
- Conducts interactions with everyone in a friendly, courteous and respectful manner.
- Goes out of his/her way to offer assistance to others. If he/she cannot offer assistance, then finds someone who can.
- Advocates to ensure privacy and confidentiality while helping others to maintain awareness.
- Maintains a clean and safe hospital.
- Responds appropriately and immediately in emergency situations.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors, and/or staff to provide the highest level of physical comfort, and minimize risk and injury.
- Ensures compliance with regulations to maintain accreditation and licensure.
- Complies with the Hospital Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
- Completed all Hospital and Department Specific Mandatory requirements in the prior calendar year.
- Reports Incidents in a timely and effective manner.
- All employees with direct patient contact are responsible for actively engaging in the practice of, monitoring and enforcing compliance to hand hygiene.
- Prepares and sets up food items such as desserts, salads, salad bar, fruit, condiments, beverages, etc. to be served for each meal. Restocks as necessary.
- Serves staff and visitors and performs cashiering.
- Performs routine cleaning daily, washing tables, stripping dishes, cleaning the steam table and counters.
- Takes the financial report daily to get the number of meals served and cash total for the day.
- Takes temperatures of cafe steam table for dinner to be sure that food is at the appropriate serving temperature.
- Takes daily refrigerator and freezer temperatures to monitor appropriate temperatures.
Statement of Other Duties:
This document describes the major duties and responsibilities for this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that employees may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.