The Senior Director – Corporate Development is responsible for helping establish, enhance, and execute HealthStream’s organic and inorganic growth strategies. The Senior Director - Corporate Development’s scope of work includes activities involving all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, minority investments, divestitures, and strategic partnerships, including, but not limited to: proactive opportunity identification, strategic analysis and vetting, financial analysis and valuation, due diligence, deal structuring, negotiations, relationship management, and planning for implementation and integration. This role will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Business Development and will require significant interaction with senior executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Director – Corporate Development will be responsible for, among other things:
- Supporting and/or leading all aspects of the M&A, investment, and partnership processes in conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Business Development and other cross-functional departments (i.e., Finance and Legal);
- Providing guidance, feedback and thought leadership throughout various business transactions to ensure the optimal outcome for HealthStream is achieved;
- Assessing the competitive landscape with regard to threats and opportunities impacting growth strategies;
- Developing and making any refinements to existing paradigms and processes for the enhancement and achievement of repeatable business outcomes that can be leveraged for growth going forward; and
- Delivering high quality work product that is in alignment with the HealthStream’s enterprise strategic objectives for organic and inorganic growth.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 4-years of experience in investment banking, finance, and/or corporate development required
- M&A experience required
- Must live in the Nashville, TN area
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to grasp, execute, and improve on dynamic growth strategies and models
- Executive-level communication skills --oral and written
- Proven negotiation skills
- Confidentiality, discretion, and sound business judgment
- Ability to take instruction or work independently, as applicable
- High level of ownership and accountability
- Professionalism, collegiality, positive work attitude, and teamwork
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Financial modelling and analysis experience preferred
- Business intelligence and analytics experience preferred
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Mature, self-motivated individual with the ability to grasp and cast strategic vision
- Ability to manage time, resources, and priorities to support and lead multiple overlapping projects, often under strict deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse array of internal and external constituencies and across an array of disciplines
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial, technology-driven business that is always evolving in new and dynamic ways.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.