Position Status:Full TIme
The instructional designer/developer will utilize expertise in the design and development of Interactive e-learning for use by external and internal audiences. Instructional design will demonstrate principles of adult learning and acknowledgement of learning style differences, and display knowledge of current e-learning design principles and practices. A variety of design and development tools may be used, including WalkMe, Adobe Captivate and HealthStream proprietary development tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Collaborate with Training Team members and other internal and external subject matter experts to determine and prioritize e-learning development needs and learning objectives.
- Draft storyboards and scripts that include opportunities for learners to develop their knowledge and skills through interactive, case-based content.
- Develop approved modules using aesthetic design composition that is grammatically correct and free of typographical errors.
- Maintain the e-learning library including periodic review and as-needed edits and revisions.
- Collaborate with the technical writer to ensure that all training assets complement each other in style and content.
- Actively participate in department and organizational quality initiatives.
- Actively contribute to the attainment of quarterly performance goals.
- Exemplify HealthStream values on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned including periodic evaluation of new design and development
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in e-learning instructional design and development, using a variety of development tools.
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles, learning styles.
- Ability to implement evaluation methodologies.
- Knowledge of HealthStream products and services a definite plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in adult learning, instructional design or related field.
- High-level computer skills, including Windows, MS Office, and Internet-based applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mastery of English including grammar, spelling and sentence structure.
- Deadline-oriented. Consistently meets stated timeframes unless faced with unavoidable circumstances.
- Customer-centric mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and patience required.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be multi-task oriented; working with a sense of urgency and a desire for excellence in performance.
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in routine, platform functionality and/or training curricula.
- Works independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and set appropriate priorities.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where demands of the position may fluctuate unexpectedly.
- Embrace opportunities to interface regularly with others.
- Ability to comfortably interface with technical personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.