Designs, develops and executes test plans for company’s proprietary software applications; coordinates, conducts and reports results of testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Designs, documents and executes test cases for ongoing software releases and new software products.
- Assists in all phases and types of software testing -- regression testing, performance testing, stress testing, unit testing, new feature testing, and other types as required.
- Works closely with developers to reproduce errors, identify issues and resolve problems
- Ensures that all bugs are documented, tracked and updated during the testing cycle using the bug documentation software
- Assists application development staff in diagnosing user problems, and documenting issues found
- Participates in the development of new features by creating new variables in support of new features.
- Learns new test related tools to assist in QA testing (as needed)
- Assists in setup / configuration of QA Testing environments
- Relays pertinent defect information to QA/Development/Product team members.
- Participates in Team Meetings to discuss team goals, tasks, and tools.
- Assists in coordinating the distribution of software to new and existing clients.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in application software design and testing required.
SKILLS REQUIRED (manual, verbal or mental manipulation of data or things):
- Must have a practical knowledge of relational database theory; experience and/or knowledge with SQL Server Query Analyzer is a plus.
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status