The Clinical Specialist, Onboarding & Retention, will be responsible for delivering sales of HealthStream’s clinical solutions with a specific focus on HealthStream’s Nurse Residency Pathway solution as well as AACN’s and AORN’s orientation courseware programs, accelerating adoption through insight and expertise, and evangelizing the value proposition of assigned products to HealthStream clients and prospects. In this role, the Clinical Specialist seeks to align our orientation and residency solutions with our customers’ clinical and business objectives, to build relationships and credibility with key stakeholders effectively, and to meet or exceed an assigned sales quota for the assigned solutions. This individual will have ultimate responsibility for the sales quota of assigned solutions, working with Clinical Advisors on all elements of the sales process, including prospecting, qualifying, positioning, demonstrations, presentations, objection handling, and contract negotiations through sale closure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze market opportunity within existing and prospect customer accounts
- Collaborate with Clinical Advisors to create and execute upon a sales strategy for the assigned solutions to help customers meet their onboarding and retention goals.
- Devise and execute a plan to target and unseat competitors.
- Acquire product expertise to provide thought leadership to our internal and external customers.
- Closely collaborate with Product Management to provide customer and sales feedback (win/loss analysis).
- Closely collaborate with Product Management to acquire a deep understanding and knowledge of solution components, features, functionality, benefits, cost/pricing, contracting and implementation process.
- Host thought leadership webinars to help educate our customers about HealthStream’s onboarding and retention based solutions.
- Present and demonstrate to customers and prospects the value proposition and ROI of assigned solutions in a consultative approach via WebEx and in person as appropriate.
- Upsell and cross-sell any complementary solutions based on customer needs.
- Provide key performance indicators (KPIs) to sales & product leadership on a monthly basis.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Nursing Degree, BSN level or higher, required.
- Consultative selling experience with a track record of at least 3 years sales to nursing leadership.
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse Educator or Preceptor preferred.
- Clear understanding of the impact nurse residency programs have on the success of new nursing graduates transitioning from nursing school to the professional nursing world.
- Understanding of the need to offer to healthcare organizations the tools to develop safe patient care practices, critical thinking, communication and leadership of new nursing graduates.
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships with CNOs and nursing leadership.
- Passion to advocate for assigned solutions.
- High level of integrity and professionalism.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team selling environment as part of an empowering, fast paced, results oriented culture.
- Strategic mindset, strong business acumen, and effective negotiation skills.
- Multi-task oriented; works with a sense of urgency and a desire for excellence in performance.
- Enthusiasm and initiative, and ability to operate independently with limited oversight.
- Ability to travel 30%-50%
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships, both internally and externally.
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Sales Force.
- Must be able to create and report on data analytics using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Team player, with customer service orientation and positive attitude.
- High level of integrity and professionalism
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to articulately position our value proposition against competing solutions.
- Ability to present and demonstrate complex solutions in a way that is compelling & easy to understand.
- Ability to succeed in a team selling environment through collaboration and with trust and comradery.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel.
- Follow up on leads quickly.
- In addition to lead response, also proactively generate leads for solution campaigns across Account Owner territories as assigned by Sales Leadership.
- Set up product demonstrations.
- Achieve personal and team Quota.
- Ensure control over the entire sales process from demonstrations, proposals, ROI presentation, contracting and closing.
- Develop deep understanding of solutions including target audience, value proposition, and best practices for successful launch.
- Ensure attention to detail needed to deliver quality service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.