Position Status:Full TIme
Under direction of the Director of Product Architecture BI, designs, develops, and maintains the software and data products offered by HealthStream.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Data/Systems groups to understand internal and external customer needs, understanding requirements, and effectively communicating product and technology decisions.
- Design and estimate effort of new features or sub-systems based on requirements documentation.
- Develop quality, defect free software that adheres to company coding and documentation standards.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to successfully lead small-scale project development efforts with minimal management oversight
- Adheres to company and department policies (e.g., time-tracking, punctuality, and utilization of various company productivity and tracking software)
- Mentors associate developers in new technologies and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) or higher preferred.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with web stack development.
- 3 or more years of experience with RDMS like Microsoft SQL Server database development including: stored procedures, query optimization, and basic database design.
- 3 or more years of experience with programming languages like C#, Python, Ruby
- API development experience preferred
- Experience working with AWS Services or Machine Learning would be a plus
- Experience developing dashboards in Tableau would be a plus
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Supports the mission and goals of the company.
- Demonstrates integrity and strong ethical standards.
- Committed to quality and its continuous improvement.
- Solves problems proactively.
- Committed to learning better and more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
- Sense of product ownership.
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with internal groups and customers to understand development requests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.