The Clinical Advisor, Clinical Solutions (Acute Strategic Accounts), is a position at HealthStream being offered in the Nashville office or remotely. This person will be responsible for delivering solution sales, accelerating adoption through insight and expertise, and evangelizing the value proposition of assigned products to HealthStream clients and prospects. In this role, the Clinical Advisor seeks to align clinical courseware solutions with clinical and business objectives, build relationships and credibility with key stakeholders effectively, and meet or exceed an assigned sales quota for clinical courseware solutions in assigned Strategic Accounts. This individual will have ultimate responsibility for all elements of the sales process, including prospecting, qualifying, positioning, demonstrations, presentations, objection handling, and contract negotiations through sale closure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze market opportunity within existing and prospect customer accounts.
- Collaborate with Account Owners and Clinical Specialists to create and execute upon a sales strategy for the assigned solutions to help customers meet their clinical goals.
- Devise and execute a plan to target and unseat competitors.
- Present and demonstrate to customers and prospects the value proposition and ROI of assigned solutions in a consultative approach via WebEx and in person as appropriate.
- Create and execute upon an annual business plan that aligns with achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual quota and goals.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- RN Degree or higher
- Consultative selling experience with a track record of at least 3 years of clinical learning solutions in highly competitive environments, preferably to healthcare providers
- Deep knowledge of clinical courseware solutions into the hospital marketplace, including buying cycles, key trends, value propositions, and critical success criteria
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills and executive presence
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships, ranging from the “C” suite to departmental directors to end users
- Ability and experience to serve as a zealous advocate for assigned solutions; ability and experience to lead team to become “trusted advisors” for assigned solutions
- High level of integrity and professionalism, properly setting expectations
Comfortable in working independently or in a team selling environment as part of an empowering, fast paced, results oriented culture
- Strategic mindset, strong business acumen, and effective negotiation skills
- Multi-task oriented; works with a sense of urgency and a desire for excellence in performance
- Enthusiasm and initiative, and ability to operate independently with limited oversight
- Ability to travel 25 – 40%
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly develop relationships, both internally and externally
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Sales Force
- Must be able to create and report on data analytics using Excel and PowerPoint
- Team player, with customer service orientation and positive attitude
- High level of integrity and professionalism
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to articulately position our value proposition against competing solutions.
- Ability to present and demonstrate complex solutions in a way that is compelling & easy to understand
- Ability to succeed in a team selling environment through collaboration and with trust and comradery
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of personnel
- Follow up on leads quickly
- In addition to lead response, also proactively generate leads for solution campaigns across Account Owner territories as assigned by Sales Leadership
- Set up product demonstrations
- Achieve personal and team Quota.
- Ensure control over the entire sales process from demonstrations, proposals, ROI presentation, contracting and closing
- Develop deep understanding of solutions including target audience, value proposition, and best practices for successful launch
- Ensure attention to detail needed to deliver quality service
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.