Health Care Compliance Strategies, Inc. (HCCS, a HealthStream Company) has an immediate opening for a full-time Accreditation and OSHA Standards courseware author possessing a commitment to high quality work, engagement, self-motivation, and a desire to make learning meaningful and exciting.
This is a Remote position and HealthCare experience is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Research and design instructional materials – content analysis and content preparation – includes working with subject matter experts as needed
- Ensure instructional integrity of course development – systematic design and clear writing of scripts, appropriate selection of graphical content, programming instructions and adjunct materials
- Assist in assessing the instructional effectiveness of course materials
- Adapt learning methods to ensure appropriateness of online instructional approach
- Ensure all information is accurate, easy to understand, and well organized
- Provide weekly reports on course development projects
- Attend weekly team meetings and others as needed
- Proofread and edit own work and work of others to improve quality, readability, consistency, and effectiveness of documentation
- A working knowledge of accreditation and OSHA regulatory requirements as they relate to training requirements for healthcare workers
- Previous experience in the area of online courseware design
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required. Advanced degree in relevant field is preferred. Two years of experience in healthcare required. Previous position as a healthcare accreditation specialist is a plus.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Possess strong, demonstrable skills in mechanics of writing, including but not limited to:
- Possess strong oral and written communication skill
- Proper use of punctuation
- Ability to synthesize complex material into concise and key components
- Ability to distill complex governmental/accreditation requirements into comprehensive and relatable content for lower literacy learners
- Ability to write using word choice that avoids use of lengthy and unnecessary language
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to accept feedback from various reviewers for the purposes of continuous improvement of both author skill and product quality
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Have strong commitment to client service
- Strong PC skills and expertise in MS Office (primarily MS Word), SharePoint, and Outlook
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have ability to work collaboratively with peers, teams, and clients
- Possess ability to interpret client needs and produce instructional materials
- Possess ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Have proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
- Must be enterprising, self-starter, proactive problem-solver, and critical thinker
- Must be able to work independently and virtually with minimum direct supervision
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The physical demands described in this document are representative of the tasks that must be performed by an employee as essential functions of this job. These tasks include sitting and working on a computer extensively. The individual will perform job duties from a home office location. Limited travel may be required, although consideration is made for individual travel limitations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.