Verity, a HealthStream Company is looking for a Data Analyst II to coordinate, plan and transfer data from client data sources to company software products using programming, analysis, and technical tools. The Data Analyst II has experience with MS SQL Server, writing T-SQL, and requires moderate supervision in their day to day projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES – (The below listed duties are not all inclusive. This position must also perform other duties as assigned.):
- Using appropriate programming and technical tools, the Data Analyst II evaluates client’s data to determine its suitability for transfer into Verity’s proprietary software systems.
- Works with multiple Verity departments as necessary to ensure the successful execution of data transfer and software implementation projects to provide a positive experience for clients.
- Perform complex data imports from various database systems into Microsoft SQL Server.
- Merge data from one SQL Server database to another SQL Server database.
- Perform Enterprise data consolidation.
- Trains Data Analyst I colleagues
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 3-4 years of experience with data extraction and transformation tools - Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014 required; Visual FoxPro, and/or Oracle 11/12 desirable.
SKILLS REQUIRED (manual, verbal or mental manipulation of data or things):
- Must be well versed in the following operating systems: Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, and 2016.
- Intermediate skills with creating .BAT files for execution.
- Moderate networking skills, including TCP IP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, Netstat, SMPT, SMB, etc.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, and 2016 and basic administration skills.
- Responsible for writing complex T-SQL statements to extract, transform and load data.
- Ability to write, analyze, and develop SQL code.
- Responsible for developing improved data migration processes using SQL Server Integration Services.
- Perform time-sensitive data migrations both during and outside of regular business hours.
- Work closely with and communicate effectively with clients, peers, and management teams.
- Communicates any issues/concerns regarding contractual obligations related to data transfer services to the Implementation Specialist.
- Works with clients during the implementation of all Verity software products, including troubleshooting as necessary.
- Requires excellent customer service skills and has the ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal media.
- A fundamental understanding of relational database theory and set-based logic.
- Excellent time-management, organization, prioritization, and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing technical projects.
ABILITIES REQUIRED (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies rapidly.
- Able to demonstrate excellent time-management, prioritization, attention to detail and organization skills.
- Extensive computer usage and use of the phone.
- Able to train new team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status