The Director, Financial Management – Workforce Development (WFD) Clinical Solutions acts as a financial advisor to the Workforce Development, Clinical Solution business leaders, providing analysis to support strategic decisions and conducting financial reviews of a wide range of business issues. The Director’s responsibilities include recurring financial management tasks such as preparing budgets and forecasts, monthly P&L reporting and performance tracking. However, significant time and energy will be focused on situation-based projects which require creative thinking and resourceful communication across WFD and the corporate team. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis but must develop a strong, close working relationship with the SVP, Clinical Solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Act as financial advisor and financial resource to Clinical Solutions President and management team, including sales, operations, marketing, product development, and product management, and others on all financial matters including:
- Analyzing and communicating results of product line contribution and direct cost analyses studies
- Initiating cost of acquiring new business (new sales) studies
- Providing pricing and related analytical support for Sales and Product Management
- Identifying and developing new key metrics and statistics as appropriate
- Reporting on labor (employee and contract labor) costs and trends
- Preparing and delivering special financial analyses or studies in consultation with the Clinical Solutions President as necessary or appropriate
2) Lead financial planning processes including:
- Coordinate with Clinical Solutions management team and Corporate to prepare annual budget, quarterly forecasts and multiple-year plans
- Identify and implement process improvements to drive simplification and automation of financial planning exercises
3) Develop and execute a standard monthly and quarterly analytics and metrics package including:
- Solution area reporting package and related analytics on monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including quarterly business review (“QBR”) materials
- Sales performance; new sales, annual recurring revenue (ARR) renewed, and losses.
- Capital expenditures budget tracking and forecasting, including capitalized labor
- Department level expense reviews versus budget and prior year
- Developing a variety of trends and actual versus budget reports covering topics such as: core business studies, contribution margins and other measurements
- Contribute to consolidated reporting packages.
4) Assist in business development/merger and acquisition efforts as necessary or appropriate to include:
- Development of projected financial analyses for evaluating returns (discounted cash flows, earnings accretion/dilution and other measures)
- Create or develop other analyses, reports or materials necessary or appropriate for evaluating a transaction opportunity
- Coordinate integration financial activities and tasks with HealthStream managers to ensure a smooth transition to HealthStream ownership
- Coordinate reporting of key performance indicators of acquired businesses post-acquisition
5) Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Other special projects or corporate initiatives as assigned
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience in a financial management capacity required
- Prior experience in budgeting, forecasting and operations analysis
- CPA, MBA or Master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Experience in either a corporate and/or divisional setting
- Merger and acquisition analysis and due diligence experience is preferred but not required
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint and Word
- Strong data manipulation, analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to address gray areas and bring financial structure.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to effectively communicate financial information, and complex models/concepts.
- User experience in NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, SalesForce.com, PowerBI – or similar technology platforms
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Very organized, with extreme attention to details and precision
- Able to manage time and organize priorities so as to meet schedules and deadlines
- Self-starter, able to drive business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity
- Able to maintain utmost confidentiality in virtually all aspects of work
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while under pressure to perform
- Able to learn quickly, adapt to change and think independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.