The Financial Analyst is a key member of the Financial Planning and Analysis team, supporting management across the company by facilitating financial planning processes, and providing insight from recurring financial analyses as well as special projects. This role helps maintain the integrity of our systems, processes, and data by ensuring that our financial planning software is in sync with other systems used by management. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis but will have regular interaction with and provide support to the Director, Financial Management-WFD, the Director, Financial Management-Verity, as well as Department Heads and others throughout the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contribute to financial planning processes including:
- Work with department heads to develop the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, multiple year plans for the corporate business unit as well as other areas that span across the consolidated company such as software, hosting, telecommunications and marketing expenses.
- Capital expenditures budget, including capitalized software development costs, depreciation and amortization.
- Coordinate with FP&A team to develop consolidated budgets
Prepare standard monthly and quarterly reporting package including:
- Variance analysis for the corporate business unit as well as other areas that span across the consolidated company, such as software, hosting and telecommunications expenses, providing actionable insight on variances to budget, prior year and forecast.
- Capital expenditures tracking by project.
- Contribute to consolidated reporting packages.
Maintains position control system, monitors and reports on actual and forecasted personnel costs:
- Works closely with FP&A team to understand personnel budgets.
- Reviews all requests to fill positions, ensuring budget exists before approving.
- Maintains up-to-date position and personnel listing by updating Adaptive weekly for new hires, terminations, transfers, and other changes and reconciling to payroll reports monthly.
- Prepare monthly labor analytics reporting package, including contract labor.
Assists in maintaining accurate subscriber counts:
- Works with the Business Enablement team, product managers, and others to ensure accurate subscriber counts are maintained.
- Perform analyses of subscriber counts and revenue or direct expenses as needed to incorporate into budget, forecasts or other financial planning activities.
Maintains our financial planning and budgeting software including:
- As an Administrator, adds new users, conducts training, and periodic reviews of users.
- Imports sales data from Salesforce and P&L data from NetSuite and reconciles monthly.
- Maintains the model, adding new accounts, levels, formulas, etc as needed.
- Creates and updates reports for end users.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ad hoc financial analyses
- Other special projects or corporate initiatives as assigned
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field required
- 3+ years’ of relevant experience in an accounting or auditing environment
- Prior experience in budgeting, forecasting and operations analysis
- Experience in either a corporate and/or divisional setting
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Advanced Excel skills and proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and relay to others financial information in various forms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- User experience in NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, SalesForce.com, PowerBI – or similar technology platforms
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Very organized, with extreme attention to details and precision
- Self-starter, able to manage time and organize priorities so as to meet schedules and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Able to learn quickly, adapt to change and think independently
- Able to maintain utmost confidentiality in virtually all aspects of work
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while under pressure to perform
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.