Specific Department and Program:Transitions & Integrated Care Work-Fit
Number of positions required:1
Posted Date:Aug 27, 2021
Posting #: 2021-879470
Department: Work-Fit Total Therapy Centre - Outpatient Rehab
Status: Temporary Full-time for approx. 18 Months (Must provide availability of 1.0 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday - 8 & 12 hour day and evening shifts (hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Assess and treat musculoskeletal injuries including WSIB, MVA, extended health. Excellent assessment and treatment skills in geriatrics, neurology and orthopaedics with goal-oriented treatment plans and discharge management. Participate in promotional activities, community education, program development and accreditation standards
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
· B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution required
· Current Registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario required with evidence of insurance coverage
· Ability to motivate, be sympathetic, yet positive and client-centered in all interactions with patients
· Have a thorough understanding of confidentiality and patient dignity
· Demonstrate self-directed carry-through of patient care activities
· Initiative, good problem solving and communication skills are necessary
· Experience working in a healthcare setting would be an asset
· Experience working in a private physiotherapy clinic would be an asset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to effectively interact with a multi-disciplinary team
· Strong organizational abilities with efficient time management skills
· Flexibility to follow direction and work collaboratively with all team members
· Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centered care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Date refreshed: August 27, 2021
Note for internals: initial internal deadline passed. New applicants welcome to apply.
Please submit your application via the Halton Healthcare website www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.