Posting #: 2019-851895
Position: Patient Care Manager
Department: Surgical Services – OR, PACU, SDC, Pre-Op Clinic, MDR
Hours: Monday to Friday day shifts, plus on-call nursing administration rotation
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you'll be doing:
- The Manager of the Operating Room (OR)/ (Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) for Surgical Services is responsible for all aspects of planning, organizing and directing the delivery of patient care services within the OR and MDR Departments
- Develop and lead the implementation of the departmental strategic plans by setting goals, objectives and policies while adapting to the changes in the hospitals strategic direction in consultation/collaboration with the Program Leader, physician partners and team members.
- In collaboration with the surgical team and Georgetown Family Practice Program sets standards for the OR and MDR that are reflective of the regulatory colleges or professional bodies and relevant legislation and works with the OR and MDR staff to ensure that these standards are met for each surgical specialty.
- Monitor and report on compliance with relevant standards
- Participate actively in the Georgetown Family Practice Program-specific projects and hospital wide initiatives through committee and task force membership and hospital planning and management forums.
- Develops an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Prepare and monitor annual operating and capital budgets.
- Administer the budget as allocated and strive to optimize the performance of resources to meet the financial budget targets.
- Manage human resources for the relevant areas. Hire and manage staff performance as determined by human resource policies, union contracts, legislation and standards of practice
- Direct, manage and sustain the provision of high quality sterile processing services and equipment maintenance.
- Participate in Patient Care Administration on-call roster for Georgetown.
- Develop, implement and audit quality assurance programs and quality indicators for the operating room and sterile processing activities.
- Stay current and make recommendations related to changes in processes and technology, and finding opportunities to improve levels of service.
- Align to the strategic direction and maintaining future focus for teams for the new hospital
- Participate in select committees internally and externally in order to represent Halton Healthcare perspectives, enhance integration across the continuum and maintain relationships
- Promote a collaborative, respectful professional practice climate and fosters an interdisciplinary approach to patient care
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes. This is what you'll need to do it:
- BScN required
- Masters preparation or evidence of substantial completion preferred
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS certification required
- A minimum of 5 years of current clinical experience in a similar setting required
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience as a Patient Care Manager or educator in a similar setting required
- Demonstrates a current knowledge base regarding best practice for the surgical patient and draws upon contemporary evidence and/or research based practice methods and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage; to motivate, delegate and operate in both structured and unstructured situations.
- Strong planning skills, strategic and operational.
- Demonstrated expertise in quality improvement for programs, new business and staff development; ability to develop an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Knowledge of SETP and ORBC data base an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, planning and project management skills
- Strong problem solving and change management skills
- Consultative, collaborative leadership style which encourages commitment to a shared vision
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Innovative, creative and professional role model
- Ability to prioritize/organize multiple projects with strict deadlines. Ability to work autonomously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centred care in a dynamic, rapidly- changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Date Posted: November 12, 2019
Internal applications due by: November 19, 2019
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.