Dietary Technician-FT- Temporary
Immediate Supervisor:Supervisor Nutrition
Hours per week:37.5
Responsible for the preparation and serving of specific foods for patients and employees. Responsible for food deliver to patients and courteous service to employees. May take food requests from nursing staff and clinical staff will document and fill orders. May help cook, deliver carts and pass trays. May serve cafeteria and prepare cafeteria line. May prepare salads for both patient and cafeteria. Will work in dish room as needed. This position includes all food handling positions; salad, cafeteria, tray clerks, and cook’s prep as well as dish room.
Should be able to read and write.
Computer knowledge preferred. Food service experience required.
- After training should be able to recognize specific diet orders, relate those to written menus.
- Able to handle money, make change and figure receipts.
- Should know proper sanitation procedures, storage and handling of food and proper tray passing procedures.
- Able to work with computer and run proper reports and tray cards.
- Must be 100% competent in serving and communicating with patients served on their assigned unit.
- The partner must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and process the ability to assess data reflective of the patients’ status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patients’ requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed by the (neonate, pediatric, adolescent, or geriatric) patient group.
Setting up patient tray line and or cafeteria line with proper equipment and food. Preparing salads and plating up food for patient and cafeteria. Using proper cleaning solutions and procedures for equipment. Quality and appearance of food. Making coffee, readying dining room for breaks and meals. Preparation of patient supplements and nourishments. May check tray line or work tray line position at meals. Follows sanitation guidelines when working dish room.
Stands, walks, bends, stoops, pushes, lifts and pulls heavy weight from 50-100 lbs. all working day. Must have good vision and hearing, color distinction, good sense of taste and smell.
Ability to make food appealing. Ability to recognize errors in food service and make immediate decisions. Ability to be courteous to patients and hospital employees. Able to communicate and work cooperatively with co-worker.