HMC Clinics LCSW- FT40
Department:HMC Clinic Marion
Hours per week:40
- BRIEF SUMMARY:
- The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), is responsible for the delivery of clinical services for a designated group of patients. Position provides primary care behavioral health services through direct care, assessment, and consultation. Maintains timely, accurate and current clinical records. LCSW practices ethically and in accordance with state laws and guidelines. Provides optimal clinical services utilizing quality management programs to evaluate behavioral health services. Provides primary care behavioral health services through direct care, assessment and consultation.
- PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to learn, apply and interpret mental health code, hospital and legal procedures and policies.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of the role, responsibilities and accepted standards of practice for behavioral health providers as regulated by professional and governmental agencies.
- Ensures professional standards of care are met.
- Demonstrates knowledge of teaching and learning principles.
- Demonstrate knowledge of reimbursement procedures and principles.
- Provides psychosocial assessments.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of clinical psychology to provide on-going patient care.
- Skill in assessing relevant history, identifying clinical concerns, assessing psychological conditions, interpreting finding and developing appropriate treatment plans.
- Communicates with referral source on a regular basis.
- Conducts community outreach and marketing.
- Conducts daily therapy and/or group therapy sessions and programs including but not limited to individual psychotherapy, group psychotherapy, family therapy, and crisis intervention.
- Attends and participates in designated treatment team meetings on all matters concerning the patient and/or families.
- Reports suspected child abuse and/or elder abuse to appropriate authorities.
- Completes routine paperwork within prescribed time frames and efficiently documents all individual progress and notes all pertinent and meaningful observations and information.
- Attends in-service training, outpatient, including behavioral health training, staffing and supervision meetings.
- Maintains continuing education units as required for licensure.
- Adheres to general expectations for all employees in order that the program functions in an effective manner to meet the treatment needs of patients.
- ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), Psychology or closely related field.
- One year minimum training in evidenced-based therapy.
- Two (2) years-experience in providing treatment services to patients, including individual, group and family therapy preferred.
- Valid Illinois license in Clinical Social Work.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Extended periods of computer keyboarding.
- Moderate walking, standing, stooping, bending, lifting and repetitive motion.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift items up to 25-50 lbs.
- Normal or corrected vision is essential for long periods of working with computer.
- Must have good hearing.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements.
- SPECIAL DEMANDS:
- Tactful, courteous, patient.
- Ability to tolerate repetitive work.
- Mental alertness and concentration.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to diffuse patient complaints, frustrations and misunderstandings.
- Ability to work cooperatively with employees and medical/behavioral health patient regardless of age.
- Exercise reasonable judgment and problem solving skills while providing excellent customer service to patients, providers, co-workers, etc.
- Ability to understand and comply with patient confidentiality regulations.
- Work assigned shifts/locations as needed.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES