Immediate Supervisor:Director Facility Services
Hours per week:40
|Job Title: Maint. Worker|
|hourly or salaried: hourly|
|Position Status: FT|
|Hours per week: 40|
Responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs on building and plant operations systems, access control, and departmental equipment for all HMC entities assigned.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Reports adverse conditions or potential hazards per established procedures.
- Promotes and practices cost containment.
- Actively participates in emergency response as assigned.
- Attends training sessions and improves education level.
- Stays current on department activities and provided information.
- Assists Security staff as requested.
- Complies with established HMC policies and procedures.
- Follows HIPPA with regard to patient privacy at all times,
- Understands and applies all Facilities Engineering policies and procedures.
- Maintains proper documentation of work completed and equipment work history in work order management system.
- Maintains basic operational knowledge of critical utility systems and emergency operations procedures of the systems during system failures.
- Navigates, interprets, and utilizes the Building Automation Systems using basic troubleshooting skills to analyze situations and complete work required.
- Utilizes basic troubleshooting skills to maintain and repair plant and building systems to sustain comfort, safety, and infection control.
- High school or GED
- Trade school certificate or building operations certification preferred
Licenses and Certification
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience in the engineering field is required.
- Basic troubleshooting skills in facility operation and systems.
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical manuals and reports.
- Use of work tools of various trades.
- Effective interpretation and utilization of design, record, as built, and reference drawings.
- Experience using maintenance management software preferred.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Department schedule may change to better support the workload and hours needed to complete the work.