Position: Executive Assistant
Site: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Finance and Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative and office management support to the Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Services team, while maintaining a high standard of professionalism and integrity. You will exercise your decision-making capabilities; demonstrate judgment and independence while supporting the team as well as managing key projects.
• Provide proficient administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, and other Corporate Service leaders on a wide variety of complex and confidential matters. Interact with senior team members on key projects;
• Keep abreast of key deliverables for the CFO, anticipating business requirements, effectively prioritizing schedules and managing calendars, coordinating meetings and agendas, taking and distributing completed minutes in a timely fashion and ensuring deadlines are met;
• Prepare and coordinate materials for Board Meetings and subcommittee meetings, as required;
• Assist with the project management of the Enterprise Risk Management initiative by coordinating sessions, documenting results, maintaining the shared site and tracking deliverables;
• Organize and maintain confidential Finance, Human Resource and Privacy files in accordance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures;
• Assist with Human Resources initiatives such as resolving employee service requests, coordinating recruitment activities, following up on health & safety requirements, organizing employee workshops and/or training sessions;
• Prepare and monitor Finance and HR budgets. Handle correspondence, coordinate and track the submission of invoices and expenses and investigate any discrepancies. Perform budgetary and expense reporting support functions;
• Partner with managers to assist in organizing staff meetings, staff training, recruiting staff and organizing new hire orientations and onboarding;
• Coordinate internal communications for corporate priorities; liaise with internal stakeholders. Draft day to day correspondence. Review and edit written documents. Prepare presentations;
• Generate Finance and HR reports. Provide administrative support during Finance and HR audits. Complete HR and Finance filing. Prepare expense reports;
• Act as a trusted liaison with administrative staff within OICR and with external stakeholders;
• Handle all general office duties such as ordering of supplies for HR, Finance and Procurement and arranging for pick-up and delivery of courier packages, mail/paystub distribution, photocopying. Provide backup to reception when needed. Update department organizational charts. Arrange travel. Set up meeting rooms and arrange refreshments. May require work outside of standard business hours to support meetings, on occasion;
• Assist with special projects, as assigned including corporate wide initiatives;
• Perform other duties as consistent with job classification, as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• Minimum five (5) years of experience supporting a senior executive(s) in a comparable administrative role;
• Completion of a recognized post-secondary secretarial arts program at the certificate level or equivalent, an asset.
• Excellent time management, planning and organization skills;
• Results-oriented mindset coupled with a strong sense of urgency;
• Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
• Experience in working with Microsoft Project, Visio and Adobe Acrobat, an asset;
• Excellent Communication skills, both oral and written;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and management;
• Maintains confidentiality and professional approach at all times, exercises appropriate level of tact and discretion when handling sensitive matters or difficult situations;
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively across departments;
• Proven ability to multi-task, manage projects and meet deadlines;
• Adaptable and proficient at working in a new and fast paced environment.
OICR is an innovative cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OICR is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .doc file.