Position: Manager Operations
Site: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN)
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Status: Full-time, Temporary (approximately one-year, MLOA coverage)
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking a Manager of Operations to work with the Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN).
The Manager of Operations reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the ongoing day-to-day operational management of the 3CTN Coordinating Centre. This will include oversight of operational oversight of the Secretariat to the Steering Committee, the Network Portfolio Committee, 3CTN Portfolio, and the Scientific Advisory Board. In addition it involves assisting the Executive Director with monitoring and managing the process of collecting all 3CTN metrics associated with 3CTN Milestones & Deliverables, and assisting with 3CTN strategic and operational planning.
• Undergraduate degree in related field at minimum (e.g. Health Sciences, Health Administration);
• Additional education in the related work experience areas (Preferable Clinical Trial certified, PMP an asset, Health Care background);
• Comfortable with MS Office suite of programs, Project, and IT systems.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At a minimum 5 years of related work experience: operational management and managing people experience in the not-for-profit sector, preferably in a clinical research setting (clinical trials, project management, financial and contract, strategic planning, HR aspects);
• Strong leadership skills;
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills;
• Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills;
• Budget and finance skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated commitment to client service and satisfaction.
OICR is an innovative cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Research, Innovation and Science.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OICR is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .doc file.