Position: Project Coordinator - 3CTN
Location: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN)
Reports To: Manager, Operations
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Job Type: Hybrid
Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator to join the Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN) team to coordinate assigned project activities, supporting their effective, timely and cost-effective delivery to meet overall 3CTN business goals. Overall responsibilities include supporting the creation of clear, measurable activities, and tracking applicable cost, time, quality and other outcome measures. The Project Coordinator is required to maintain working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups (including 3CTN Coordinating Centre colleagues, Committees, Network Sites, Patient Representatives, consultants and collaborators).
3CTN is a pan-Canadian initiative to improve the efficiency and quality of academic clinical trials in Canada. Hosted by the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR), the 3CTN Coordinating Centre supports a network of cancer centres across Canada.
New employees who may be required to work at OICR offices are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 subject to the duty to accommodate on the basis of protected grounds pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Fully vaccinated is defined as having received all of the required doses of a Health Canada approved vaccine and having received the final dose at least 14 days before your employment start date.
As described above, the requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code. If the candidate is unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for a reason protected by the Code, requests for accommodation from the vaccine policy will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about working at OICR, visit our career page.
The responsibilities include:
- Provides coordination of 3CTN projects to achieve defined project objectives and deliverables:
- Learn and apply project management best practices, tools, knowledge and expertise in coordinating activities for assigned project initiatives
- Complete environmental scans, literature reviews and/or engage with Network members and collaborators as needed to guide the completion of project activities
- Monitor progress, recommend and support course corrections as necessary to remain on schedule
- Coordinate the appropriate project resources and support the monitoring of productivity and quality measures needed to meet project requirements
- Foster teamwork and engagement among all team members, promoting both internal and external members to achieve defined project objectives
- Participate in knowledge translation and exchange activities
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement and efficiency through recommended innovations, use of best-practice digital tools, etc.
- Regularly report progress of activities and deliverables to relevant 3CTN team members and stakeholders
- Provides support for 3CTN operations:
- Support the development of business cycle strategic plan objectives, milestones and deliverables, yearly work plans and the 3CTN Request For Application (RFA) process undertaken prior to/during the Network’s renewal period every five years. Review RFAs and help structure Network sites milestones & deliverables framework to align with 3CTN business cycle strategic goals
- Assist with planning and coordination of 3CTN meetings, educational webinars, workshops
- Coordinate and support the development of content for 3CTN communications
- Other duties may include cross-functional assignments to support 3CTN goals and objectives
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a science or health related discipline or equivalent is required
- Experience in project coordination activities (e.g., project planning, risk management, etc.) for multiple projects is required
- Knowledge of project management methodology (e.g., training or certificate) or equivalent work experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of clinical trials and/or oncology research programs would be an asset
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and a broad range of 3CTN stakeholders, including clinical research professionals and patient representatives
- Excellent written and oral communications, time management skills
- Bilingual in both English and French would be an asset
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite, with a knowledge of MS Project preferred
OICR is a collaborative, not-for-profit research institute accelerating the development of new cancer research discoveries for patients around the world while maximizing the economic benefit of this research for the people of Ontario. We are dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals who share our values of excellence, innovation, collaboration, impact, responsibility and community.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OICR is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for all. We welcome all applicants, and encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to furthering a diversity of ideas within our community. OICR is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience. Providing an accessible workplace and recruitment process is important to us, as described in our Accessibility Plan (https://oicr.on.ca/accessibility/). Should you require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please complete the form at the bottom of page https://oicr.on.ca/careers/. Information received related to accommodation will be handled confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .pdf or .doc file.