Location: MaRS Centre, Toronto
Department: Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN)
Reports To: Portfolio and Informatics Manager
Salary: Commensurate with level of experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
Job Type: Hybrid
Status: Full-Time, Short-term contract (4-month contract)
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking a Student to join the Canadian Cancer Clinical Trials Network (3CTN) team on a short-term, contract basis to support the analysis of 3CTN’s impact on the Canadian cancer clinical trials landscape since 2014.
3CTN is a pan-Canadian initiative to improve the efficiency and quality of academic clinical trials in Canada. Hosted by the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR), the 3CTN Coordinating Centre supports a network of cancer centres across Canada. (https://3ctn.ca/)
This position is temporary, full-time for four months (January-April 2024).
OICR is Ontario’s cancer research institute. We bring together people from across the province and around the world to improve the lives of everyone affected by cancer. We take on the biggest challenges in cancer research and deliver real-world solutions to find cancer earlier and treat it more effectively. We are committed to helping people living with cancer, as well as future generations, live longer and healthier lives.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Colleges and Universities.
Position responsibilities include:
- Support the review and analysis of 3CTN’s impact and progress toward its strategic goals and objectives:
- Administration of the Network’s Clinical Trials Management System database while ensuring data accuracy and integrity.
- Support maintenance and development of Network data informatics reports on performance measures in the cancer clinical trials landscape.
- Review and summarize progress of 3CTN member cancer centers' milestones and deliverables.
- Support the coordination of 3CTN projects to achieve defined project deliverables and objectives:
- Participate in project implementation and evaluation activities.
- Complete environmental scans, literature reviews, and/or consult clinical research teams as needed to guide the completion of project activities.
- Provide administrative support for Network operation activities, including coordination and secretariate support for meetings.
- Support 3CTN communication activities, including developing content for social media, newsletters, and website.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Manager, Operations, or Portfolio Informatics Manager.
- Post-secondary student in a science-related discipline preferred.
- Strong interest in oncology clinical research.
- Strong written and oral communication, as well as time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and a broad range of 3CTN stakeholders, including clinical research professionals, trial sponsors, and patient advocacy groups.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, with a strong knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP preferred.
- Experience in using Microsoft Power BI or a similar data informatics reporting tool would be considered an asset.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
To learn more about working at OICR, visit our career page.
CLOSING DATE: December 8, 2023
OICR is committed to fostering a climate of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. This commitment is central to, and mutually supportive of, our research excellence mandate. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community and we support an inclusive culture for all. We welcome all applicants, and encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous Peoples, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S persons, and others who may contribute to furthering a diversity of ideas within our community. OICR is committed to fair assessment of a candidate’s abilities, and consideration for diversity of thought, method, and experience. Providing an accessible workplace and recruitment process is important to us, as described in our Accessibility Plan (https://oicr.on.ca/accessibility/). Should you require accommodation during any stage in the recruitment process, please complete the form at the bottom of page https://oicr.on.ca/careers/. Information received related to accommodation will be handled confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .pdf or .doc file.