Reference #: 824948
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: DCP Shift Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: All Shifts
Enjoy the rewards and challenges of being a Direct Care Professional at St. Edmond's Home for Children. St. Edmond's is a residential care facility providing an exceptional holistic outcome-oriented plan of care for children with intellectual and physical disabilities. If you want to make a difference in the quality of life of the special needs, medically fragile children who reside at St. Edmond's, please apply.
This is a per-diem position working as needed on all shifts. The hourly base rate is $12.00.
Primary Purpose of Job: Assists children with Intellectual Disabilities in their daily living skills, program needs, emotional and behavior needs with a focus on providing quality care to each individual, while assisting them to reach their greatest level of independence in conjunction with the entire Interdisciplinary Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists/coaches/ monitors each individual with their daily living needs such as: bathing, personal hygiene care, dressing etc. reinforces positive behaviors and promotes social interaction with the individuals served by modeling appropriate behavior and developing a therapeutic rapport with the those entrusted to their care
- Assists at meal time by modeling family style dining, while monitoring the diets of each individual and adhering to their dietary restrictions and mealtime supervision needs.
- Accompanies individuals on outings in their communities and ensures their safety.
- Assists in implementation of therapeutic activities, such as; physical exercises, mass or church functions, arts and crafts, and recreational games.
- Attempts to meet the emotional and behavior needs of each individual; following the intervention strategies identified in the Behavior Support Plan (where applicable); providing physical intervention only when necessary to protect health and safety.
- Completes daily documentation such as; accountability sheets, behavior tracking, goal tracking, toileting schedules and incident reporting as needed.
- In conjunction with the nursing team, ensures the healthcare needs of each individual.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintenance of living areas and grounds and reports needed repairs and safety hazards to supervisor or designee.
- Maintains professional demeanor and communicates respectfully and effectively with peers, supervisors, management, family, consumers, anyone working, receiving services, and visiting any agency program.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; plus one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to use/learn various database reporting system (Care Tracker).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. MFDV
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.