Reference #: 837504
Work Location: Delaware County
Position Type: Part-Time
Reports To: Kitchen Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift: 5:30am to 1:30pm and/or 11am to 7pm
Primary Purpose of Job: The primary purpose of this position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations with our established policies and procedures and as may be directed by the Food Service Manager and/or designee to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Part of the time this position will function as a Dietary Aide.
This position is for every other weekend (Saturday & Sunday) from 11:00am to 7:00pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and serve meals:
- in large quantities
- in accordance with planned menus
- palatable and appetizing in appearance
- in accordance with established portion control
- standardized recipes and special diets
- inspect special diet trays to assure they are correct
- Reviews menus prior to preparation of food.
- Cleans cooking and cooking related equipment both as needed and after usage. Also wipes, sweeps and/or mops spills as needed. Will assist in pot washing and operating the dish machine as required.
- Monitors the checking of incoming deliveries of food, assist in inventorying and storing incoming food, supplies, etc as necessary.
- Sets tables, pours drinks and gathers fruits and desserts for dinner. Set and serve dinner and clean up.
- Set up tables for next day breakfast.
- Responsible to be knowledgeable of the mission and philosophy of the organization within the scope of responsibilities.
- Work with the facility’s dietician as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Assure that all dietary procedures are followed according to established policies.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared and delivered on time.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with all personnel.
- Treat all staff with dignity and respect.
- Prepare food in advance for other meals as directed.
- Assure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes, on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or as directed.
Safety and Sanitation
- Keep storeroom, walk-in refrigerator and freezer in proper order.
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as established policies and procedures.
- Assure that proper food temperatures are reached, recorded and maintained during serving period.
- Assure that safety regulations are followed.
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties and assure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas and dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
Equipment and Supply
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
- Clean dietary carts, equipment, etc., as necessary/directed.
- Keep work areas free of hazardous conditions, i.e., spills, excess dietary carts, baskets, supplies, equipment, etc.
- To ensure resident’s rights and confidentiality are maintained at all times within the administrative guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of cooking experience in commercial or health care facility setting.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members and visitors.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Must function independently, have flexibility and personal integrity
- Report to work on time.
- Demonstrates high standards of attendance.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting staffing emergencies and needs.
- Communicates with all departments.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
Saint Edmond's is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability or handicap, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. M/F/DV
Creating an account will allow you to update your information or apply for other positions without re-entering your information.