Registered Nurse-ICU (Critical Care Course)
Job Title:Registered Nurse-ICU (Critical Care Course)
Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$33.56 - $47.22; 25yr - $48.05
FTE Assignment (FT=1.0, Casual =0.000001):1.0
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Minimum 2 years recent Medical/Surgical Experience required. (Candidates with less than 2 years experience may be considered if there are no qualified internal or external applicants).
3. Physical Assessment, Coronary Care 1, Respiratory Care 1 and/or Nephrology 1 (minimum 1 course preferred)
4. Current BLS Certificate required.
5. ACLS issued by the Heart and Stroke Foundation or a program recognized by the Heart and Stroke Foundation, required within 6 months of hire.
6. Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate within an interprofessional team
8. Must be able to deal effectively with patients and family members in crisis situations
9. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
10. Ability to be well organized and flexible
11. Excellent computer skills
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
Selected applicants will be required to attend the full-time external Critical Care Certificate Program. Tuition and full salaries will be paid by St. Joseph’s Health Centre for this 13 week program.
Please note that due to current circumstances involving social distancing, this course will be offered online for the duration of the upcoming semester. All classes will be synchronous so all students will move through the program at the same time. Similar to the in-class curriculum, students must be able to attend all lectures.
Candidates who successfully complete the Critical Care Certificate Program will then be transferred to the full-time, Registered Nurse position in the Intensive Care Unit. Successful candidates will be required to commit and remain in the full-time, Registered Nurse position in the Intensive Care unit for 24 months, following the effective date of placement.