Job Title:CT Technologist Diagnostic Imaging
Job Category:Health Disciplines
Work Type:Full-Time Temporary
Union Affiliation:Non Union
Salary Range:$35.41 - $46.03 per hour
FTE Assignment (FT=1.0, Casual =0.000001):1.0
This position is one of a team of technologists, working with the CT/Interventional Charge Technologist, Diagnostic Imaging, primarily responsible for high quality CT/Interventional Services to meet the needs of our referring physicians and patients.
- Prepare patient for the examination (explanation of the exam, answer the patient’s questions, obtain the patient’s medical & drug history, obtain the patient’s consent as required, ensure that the exam preparation instructions have been followed)
- Prioritize exams based on room, and staff availability and clinical history
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complete
- Perform all technologist responsibilities to ensure a high quality diagnostic result
- Review previous medical imaging tests, bloodwork (serum creatinine, INR), kidney function, diabetic status, heart conditions, allergies to check for any contraindications to contrast media or medications being administered
- Explain procedure to the patient including risks of allergy to contrast media
- Start IV lines and administer contrast media
- Assess patient needs and condition throughout the study and monitor the patient’s condition as required
- Consult with the radiologist, nursing units and departmental nurses as to the special needs of each patient
- Administer Buscopan when required
- Set up sterile tray and assist radiologist with CT guided procedures (biopsies and drainages) using aseptic technique
- Assist in collecting and sending the specimen to the lab.
- Perform CT colonograghy and do the reformatting on the workstation and prepare the Fly Through images for the radiologist
- Perform Cardiac CT. Assess patient clinical history and vital statistics to determine administration of beta-blockers and nitroglycerine
- Ensure that the anaphylactic kits are available if required
- Perform reformations and 3D imaging relevant to the exam being performed to help demonstrate anatomy/pathology
- Assist in the development of protocols to ensure consistency and standardization of examinations
- Assist in inventory control, including ordering and restocking of supplies
- Assisting students in the achievement of competencies required by the CT education program and by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Shifts include primarily evenings, weekends and on-call responsibilities, but may include other shift rotations as required for departmental operations
- Registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario.
- CAMRT and OAMRT current registration an asset.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be certified to inject contrast media.
- 3 years experience as a CT Technologist required.
- Interventional Experience preferred.
- Cross-sectional anatomy courses an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent patient care skills are required.
- Satisfactory attendance record.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.