Job Title:MRI Technologist Permanent Full-time
Job Category:Health Disciplines
Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Union Affiliation:Non Union
Salary Range:$36.47 - $45.57 per hour
FTE Assignment (FT=1.0, Casual =0.000001):1.0
Unity Health Toronto, comprised of Providence Healthcare, St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital, works to advance the health of everyone in our urban communities and beyond. Our health network serves patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education. Join our team in our mission to continue to put patients and families at the centre of everything we do, in the role of MRI Technologist.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical duties for MRI, ensuring compliance of magnetic safety procedures.
- Screens patients/staff/guests entering magnetic scan room.
- Consults protocols with radiologist, modifying protocols in the absence of the radiologists.
- Prepares and assists with contrast injections.
- Assists, instructs and educates patients prior to, during and after procedure.
- Reassures claustrophobic patients.
- Plans, maintains and organizes work area ensuring all resources are gathered for patient procedures.
- Ensures equipment is functioning properly by trouble shooting to correct problems.
- Provides optimum patient care and demonstrates a professional manner in the work setting.
- Participate in teaching and training students and hospital employees.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in team building concepts and development of departmental goals.
- Organizes, prioritizes and co-ordinates scheduling of urgent bookings.
- Assist in bagging and maintaining of films, records and data entry, PACS archive
- Liaison with Research Clinics and other persons in research studies in MRI
- Compile monthly statistics for research if necessary
- Other duties as required.
- Registration and good standing with the College of Medical and Imaging Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- Registration with Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologist is preferred
- Must have MRI Certification.
- Minimum of one year experience in MRI an asset.
- CPR or BCLS Certification is mandatory.
- IV injection course an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal/written) and problem solving skills.
- Must be self motivated and have knowledge of recent contemporary technology trends as it relates to the MRI.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrated ability to meet patient and staff needs in an efficient manner.
- Understanding and commitment of the Hospital's Mission and Values.
- Commitment to meet the goals and objectives of the department.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Punctuality and an excellent attendance record is mandatory
- All shifts (days, evenings, nights) including On Call and weekends.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.