Job Title:Research Nurse MS Clinical Trials
Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:Salary As Per ONA Agreement
FTE Assignment (FT=1.0, Casual =0.000001):1.0
The new BARLO MS Centre is a state-of-the-art facility designed to offer coordinated care and research for patients living with MS. It is the largest multiple sclerosis centre in Canada and is home to internationally renowned MS clinicians and researchers.
The MS Clinical Trials team is currently looking for a Research Nurse. In this position the individual will conduct clinical research activities associated with patient care in accordance with multiple clinical trial protocols.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in trial specific patient assessments.
- Prepare, dispense and administer study medications (e.g. oral, sublingual, IV, etc.), as required by research protocols.
- Perform venipuncture and insertion of IVs.
- Vital signs collection and assessment.
- Perform ECGs.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in research participants' conditions.
- Plan and conduct subject recruitment activities.
- Utilize screening tools to track eligible study subjects.
- Obtain informed consent from study subjects.
- Register eligible subjects into studies and ensure subject completion of study forms.
- Monitor subject scheduling and protocol compliance.
- Conduct clinical assessments, including documentation of adverse events, serious adverse events and toxicity.
- Identify problems using assessment skills, report any abnormalities to Investigator and suggest potential solutions.
- Conduct clinical telephone interviews with study subjects.
- Administer clinical study questionnaires to study subjects.
- Provide patient education as needed.
- Complete case report forms/data entry.
- Resolve any data discrepancies and document/report protocol violations, issues, or problems.
- Process and ship laboratory samples to a centralized laboratory.
- Contribute to Research Ethics Board (REB) submissions and communications.
- Complete adverse event and serious adverse event reports and file with appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Compile essential documents and maintain regulatory files.
- Participate in monitoring visits and audits
- Current registration and member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) required.
- Two years in clinical trials experience in research required.
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Health Canada Division 5, and TCPS2 Certifications required (applicants willing to complete these certifications within first week of hire will be considered).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification required.
- Advanced phlebotomy and IV insertion skills required.
- Clinical Research Coordinator certification (e.g. Society of Clinical Research Associate (SOCRA), or Association for Clinical Research Professional (ACRP) are an asset.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (IATA) Certification is an asset
- In-depth knowledge of drug therapy, management, and accountability required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to adapt to new technologies
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.