Research Coordinator III - Research - Knowledge Translation
Job Title:Research Coordinator III - Research - Knowledge Translation
Site:St. Michael's Hospital
Work Type:Casual Temporary
Union Affiliation:Non Union
Salary Range:32.29 - 41.98
Length Of Temporary Assignment
This Field is Mandatory for Positions with a Temporary Work Type Selected*12 Months
FTE Assignment (FT=1.0, Casual =0.000001):0.000001
Shift/ Hours Of Work
*Shift details must be provided for all unionized positionsTemporary Casual
The Knowledge Translation Program is currently looking for Research Coordinator III to join the dynamic and growing team in a casual position. This Research Coordinator will work within the fast growing Knowledge Synthesis Team within the KT Program. The KS Team performs systematic reviews, as well as other types of reviews, on a variety of topics including drug safety and effectiveness, complex interventions, precision and accuracy of diagnostic tests and medical education amongst others. This position will have the primary responsibility of coordinating our knowledge synthesis projects by managing both the methodological and administrative aspects.
Applicants will need to have a high level of attention to detail, yet be adaptable in a fast-paced working environment. This position will offer the successful applicant a challenging and rewarding team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in setting and implementing project goals
- Coordinate all activities pertaining to review/project
- Organize and participate in team meetings and activities
- Create tracking files, forms and guidance documents
- Maintain data documentation, physical and logical storage of records, in accordance with hospital policies and relevant privacy regulations
- Conduct general office duties e.g. filing, faxing, mailings, photocopying, etc.
Research Activities (50%)
- Develop and register review protocol
- Assist investigators in the interpretation and implementation of study protocols
- Assist investigators in the initiation of new research
- Monitor timelines and progress of projects
- Screen data for study inclusion according to protocol (if applicable)
- Collect and enter study related data
- Design all source documents, edit/format scientific papers for publication and presentations, etc.
- Coordinate preparation of derived datasets for the statistical analysis
- Coordinate preparation of statistical plans and reports
- Provide contribution to statistical analysis
- Present research related information, including written study reports when necessary.
- Minimum Masters Degree in Science
- Minimum 5 years research or research coordinator background experience
- Previous experience in epidemiology, protocol development, preparation of manuscripts and data presentation is preferred.
- Experience with systematic reviews and meta-analysis
- Excellent computer skills, particularly database, spreadsheet and word processing
- Superior organizational skills to manage multiple projects in a timely manner and flexibility to adapt to changing workload
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Proficient in document management
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.