At the Upstream Lab, our research is driven by the desire to promote health equity and address social determinants of health. Our research focus is broken down into three streams: 1) Integrating health and social care by addressing social needs of individuals in the healthcare settings; 2) population health management, and 3) data to enable proactive care.
This is an exciting time to join our growing team!
We are currently looking for a Full-time Research Administrative Assistant, to support a variety of projects in our lab including a national adaptive platform trial to evaluate treatments for COVID in out-patient and community settings.
In this role you will provide administrative support to the Upstream lab research team to support the PI’s program of work.
Integrated within a busy, multidisciplinary team, the successful applicant will work closely with research staff, and report directly to the principal investigator of the study.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to Principal Investigator and Research Program team members
- Helps to manages Scientists’ Outlook calendar appointments and presentation requests
- Prepares meeting agendas, books meeting rooms and video conferencing for team meetings
- Assists in disbursement of research funds to project partners and participants
- Assists with and tracks Research Ethics Board submissions
- Assists with documentation tracking forms for grants and contracts
- Assists with grant related administrative support (e.g. tracking study team, obtaining CCVs and signatures from study team etc)
- Updates Principal Investigators’ CVs and Tri Council CVs (i.e. CCV, SSHRC CV)
- Manages travel and travel expenses as well as prepares and manages reimbursements requisitions for Principal Investigators.
- Manages, tracks, and processes lab invoices
- Tracks expenses for project budgets, generates payroll and expense reports
- Organizes and maintains project management/organizational databases for research program (i.e. study materials, software licenses)
- Maintaining and updating lab policy documents
- Assist with onboarding volunteers
- Manages general lab email and phone line
- Assists with submitting shopIT and office supplies requests
- Takes meeting minutes and distributes them to the team
- Acts as a point of contact for research program
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, photocopying and scanning documents
- Prepares correspondence and completes mail outs
- Performs other duties as required
- College diploma in Office Administration or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of one year’s work experience in providing administrative support, preferably in an academic or research setting
- Experience with video conferencing software (e.g. Zoom)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Familiarity and comfort working with marginalized populations
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with online databases of peer reviewed literature (i.e. Medline, PubMed, PsychInfo) an asset
As a condition of employment, all external hires will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination or documentation unless a valid accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code exists. Please note, if you are extended an offer of employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in Ontario QR Code format. All internal candidates must be in compliance with Unity Health Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.